Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Scary! Aiden's a Teenager!

Well, I have some catching up to do!  Let's start here.

In November, Aiden turned 13.  He is a delightful boy, and only gets better with each year, so I'm not really scared that he's becoming a teenager, but he loved the theme that we used when Dylan turned 13, so we used it again.  Aiden hardly ever gets Friends Parties, so I wanted this to be special for him.  We held it the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  Lyndsay arrived the day before on a break from BYU, so she was a huge help in getting ready.  She and Aiden were the decorating committee, and I did the food.

The Zombie Hand Cake:

Witch Finger Cookies:

Color-coordinating candies.  Because I'm weird like that.

Meringue bones (which I need some practice on):

Spooky decorations: (It's funny to me that I didn't decorate at all for Halloween, but then did all of this a few weeks later.  Oh well.  But hey, FYI, Halloween decorations are way cheaper after Halloween.)

Lyndsay and Conor mixing up the punch:

The jello brain: (The color was pinker in real life....)

The Bloody Hand Punch:

The spread:

More food!

I found these leftover Halloween-themed sodas at the grocery store, so I got them and put them in a cauldron:

Aiden's crew of friends.  Such great kids.

Make a wish!

His friends know him so well.  He got lots of Cardinal's gear, which is his absolute favorite team.

The boys had a great time.  They ate lots of pizza and all the goodies I made.  They watched a scary movie in the dark, they played lots of Just Dance! and they had a great time being together.  Aiden really has the nicest friends.  I loved that after he opened each gift, he went over and hugged the friend that had given it to him.  Such good kids.  The last friend finally went home a little after 11pm, and Aiden was tired, but glowing with happiness.  The night was a huge success, and happy kids make for happy moms.

Happy 13th Birthday, Aiden!


Jennifer said...

Jenna, you are an amazing mom! That's part of the reason your kids are so wonderful. :)

Luisa Perkins said...

You are such a good mom! I can't believe you found time to do all that.