Friday, February 18, 2011

Who, Me? Seriously?

You know how people will say, "It's just an honor to be nominated?"

I know exactly what that means now.

I got the coolest email last night letting me know that I'd been nominated for Best LDS Female Blogger of 2010. Can you believe that? I know, right!

And you should see the company I'm in! My silly name is right under C. Jane Kendrick's name! And Stephanie Nielsen is further down! In fact, several of the other nominated blogs are blogs that I dutifully read and admire, and the others, well, they just got added to my bookmarks.

Now, seriously, I am not worried about winning. Some of the nominated blogs have tens of thousands (or more) of daily readers. I'm just puttering along over here with my 80---no, 81! followers, but I am really, really honored to have been nominated.

(And SM, I just read your nomination, and I have to say, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations! I went and checked it out and I have to say I'm confused as to why TAMN's (of Seriously So Blessed) husband, JJWT, was nominated.

lesa said...

I can't think of a better person than you to get nominated for this award! Good luck!

Alison Moore Smith said...

Jenna, you are in good company, and you belong right there. :) Good luck.

BTW, if I'm on your home aggregate page and click the comment link (for example, it might say "2 comments" right after "Posted by X" under the post, your site throws an error. It says:

"Your browser's cookie functionality is disabled. Please enable JavaScript and cookies in order to use Blogger."

My cookies aren't disabled. :/

I can comment if I first go to the dedicated post page and click on "Post a Comment." But that might be keeping your commenting lower than it should be. :)

Alison Moore Smith said...

Oh, Heidi, thanks for the heads up. I think I just went to her blog to confirm title, etc., and saw a post by her husband. (I didn't know their names.) So I assumed it being a solo blog, that was how she liked to be addressed.

I've corrected it now. Thanks again.

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Wow! Congrats on your nomination.That is quite an honor.

~~Sheila (Why Not Because I Said So)

Don said...

Congratulations to you! It sounds like this is a great honor, and well deserved.

amber watt said...

Totally deserved! So excited for you!