Friday, May 14, 2010

Rule Breaker, Sleep Taker

I woke up at 4:50am. I woke up to breathe, because allergies had reached their peak over the night time. I took some Claritin and went back to bed. Wait, did you catch that part?

I went back to bed!

That's right! And all because my ex-husband is in town! He drove in from Phoenix yesterday, just to spend a few days with the kids. See their schools, meet their friends, watch them play, and take them away! He took them to a hotel after Aiden's baseball game last night (in which Aiden had asked the coach if he could pitch, just for his dad, and he was amazing! Many strike-outs!) and insisted that he drive Lyns to Seminary this morning so that I didn't have to get up. Ha! An unexpected stroke of good fortune! Today they are off to the beach, and I am going to break all the rules!

Like, I think I will not cook breakfast. Instead, I think I will have a bowl of cold cereal. . .in bed! Ha!

I think before I get to studying, I will watch an episode of 24, while I eat my bowl of cold cereal, in bed! Who's living now, huh?

I will take Mr. Conor James to speech therapy and do some studying while I pass the time in the boring waiting room, and when we get home? I will take a nap! No cleaning!

Maybe I'll go for a walk with Lady Gaga in my ears.

I'll probably water my garden and talk to my plants.

I might steal some time from Anatomy to read a chapter in the Elizabeth Berg novel I'm (slowly) reading.

I'll definitely eat a Klondike, or two.

Oh my gosh, I feel like a kid in the candy store! I don't even have to worry about making enough food to keep Dylan and Aiden alive! That's a vacation, practically!

This is amazing! I wonder if I'll even shower. . . (gasp!)

9 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Enjoy it, Jenna! I just saw your post from yesterday. I hope things look up soon.

Braden Bell said...

Eat three Klondikes! Hope your day is good. And I just read yesterday's post. I hope things look up.

Heidi said...

I hope you enjoy your day! You deserve it!

Misty said...

When I woke up, due to my own inability to breath- I thought of you. I wondered if you'd actually get to sleep in... yay, jenna!!!

you are so cute... and really- eat a third klondike and justify that it's for me :) (how was your jack bauer and cold cereal combo??? AMAZING, I'm sure... unless it was the most recent episode- then hopefully you were DONE eating by the last 10 min...)

A Pen In Neverland: Angela Peña Dahle said...

Ha ha! Enjoy the "candy store" while it lasts. Love it!

www.a-pen-in-neverland.blogspot.com

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It's not often one gets to be grateful to their ex, is it? Hope you've enjoyed your brief taste of freedom (and hope you don't get addicted - hee hee).

isshou ni said...

you go girl!

Keeler Klan said...

Oh, the life! ;) Enjoy those days! You deserve them.

Anna Maria Junus said...

I have an ex too.

And there are advantages.