Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pearly Whites

Exactly 23 months ago today, on February 27, 2008, Lyndsay and I sat in the office of the orthodontist, a little bit nervous, and a lot excited. Braces! Remember that day? The whole 'jewelry for your teeth' thing?




Well, today, January 27, 2010, they came off! We found out last week today would be the day and we counted down, still a little bit nervous and a lot excited. We did the "This is your last Monday with braces on!" and "This is your last dinner with braces on!" About everything.
Lyndsay remained true and faithful to her pledge to not chew gum--not one single piece--the whole time. Here is Dylan, right before he left for school, equipping her with her first piece of post-braces gum. What a brother.

I had to get one last snapshot of her before we went into the office. Why was my stomach such a bundle of nerves, anyway? Well, I've come to love that shiny metal on her teeth. Her perfectly straight teeth. And I also knew what would happen when they came off. I knew she would look like an adult. And I'm dying for her to stay a kid. Tears!

I had to be back there for the momentous occasion.


Do all moms cry when they see the braces sitting there, all alone and unattached? Like they're some metal umbilical cord or something? You know I'm horrible with goodbyes when I cry at the detached braces. I almost asked to keep them. (I kinda regret not doing it.)

And see what I mean? So grown up. I can hardly stand it. I mean, it seriously takes my breath away.
My girl. The straightest teeth ever. (I'm so, so grateful.)

Congratulations, Lyndsay! Now smile for the world!

15 comments:

Piper of Love said...

Congrats! Congrats!!

Yes, smile for the world.. and also eat BBQ ribs fearlessly!

Raelene said...

Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!

Stevens Family said...

You look gorgeous Lyndsay! Congrats on FINALLY getting them off. And no gum for 23 months? wow - I am amazed.
-Kristen Stevens

Alejandra said...

She looks beautiful and you are right, so grown up!

isshou ni said...

okay, now my son has to go get that done next month--and I am so nervous for him, too!

Abby said...

Wow! Yay, Lyndsay!

Leslie said...

Jenna.... as gross as this is I still have my old braces somewhere. They are with my crooked teeth mold. HAHA. Lyndsay is gorgeous!

Luisa Perkins said...

Oh, she's gorgeous. Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Yay! Beautiful!!

YogaNana said...

Yup, beautiful!

I don't want any of my kids to grow up, either.

Oh. Wait. (sniff!)

Annette Lyon said...

She's gorgeous! (But you knew that already!)

We just found out my son gets his off in a month--woot!

Saint Holiday said...

Wow! A full head of teeth! What's that like? I love you.

The Ancient of Weeks

Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we have been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] for the benefit of a large fix conditions and grasp how to harness the colossal power of Xrumer and adapt it into a Spondulix machine.

We also purvey the cheapest prices on the market. Numberless competitors see fit charge 2x or even 3x and a lot of the time 5x what we responsibility you. But we believe in providing great help at a low affordable rate. The entire point of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper substitute to buying Xrumer. So we train to stifle that thought in cognizant and outfit you with the cheapest rate possible.

Not solitary do we cause the most successfully prices but our turnaround heyday for your Xrumer posting is super fast. We intention secure your posting done in the forefront you discern it.

We also cater you with a full log of successful posts on different forums. So that you can see seeking yourself the power of Xrumer and how we hold harnessed it to benefit your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can expect to see thousands upon thousands of backlinks over the extent of your site. Tons of the forums that your Place you force be posted on oblige acute PageRank. Having your tie-in on these sites can deep down help found up some cover dignity recoil from links and really boost your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating utterly the roof.

This is making your put more and more popular. And with this developing in popularity as well as PageRank you can expect to appreciate your area absolutely downright high-pitched in those Search Motor Results.
Conveyance

The amount of see trade that can be obtained nearby harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your site to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may equivalent be publishing your site to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Visualize 1 post on a in demand forum last will and testament usually rig out 1000 or so views, with communicate 100 of those people visiting your site. Modern create tens of thousands of posts on in demand forums all getting 1000 views each. Your freight liking function at the end of one's tether with the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or exotic far your site. Assume how divers sales or leads you can fulfil with this colossal loads of targeted visitors. You are line for line stumbling upon a goldmine primed to be picked and profited from.

Keep in mind, Above is Money.
[/b]

BECOME ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT YOUR CHEAP DEFAME TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I contemplate the list inform should have more info then it has.