Thursday, August 14, 2008

He's 2! And I'm Tired!

I think the older I get the sweeter my babies are. Or, rather, it's probably that I've just learned to cherish them a bit more. I can hardly believe that two years have gone by since little Conor came to our family. But we carried off his celebration last night and this year was fun because he seemed to know it was all about him. You should have seen him giggle when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. All aglow, he was. But first. . .a trip down Memory Lane. . .


(above)
7 months along. . .Conor's first trip to the beach

(below)
Fully cooked! Just 2 or 3 days before he was born!

And so now here we are at Conor's 2nd Birthday! Here's his cake for the year: (copied from Sharon's Sugar Shack, must give credit where credit is due, though obviously mine is not as good as hers.)

Conor ate dinner at the big table with the rest of the family, instead of in his high chair. We had his favorite, of course, baked mac and cheese, and he loved it all. He's even a pro with a napkin.



And then it was on to present-opening. He was so grateful that this time he was the one who got to do the opening, instead of constantly being told 'no!'


I have so much more to post about! But I wanted to at least get little guy's birthday up for family. . . Life is BUSY! I'll post again very soon!

Happy Birthday, Conor!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, are you beautiful pregnant!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to him! You did a great job on the cake!

Annette Lyon said...

I'm with rjlight. So unfair how gorgeous you are even pregnant! Awesome pics of the little guy. Happy b-day to him!

Julie Q. said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane (you're beautiful, he's beautiful, the cake is adorable). I'm not really "cherishing" my 2-year old right now so thanks for setting a good example for me.

YogaNana said...

Hippo birdies, deer Conor! as we say around here. We learned it from Sandra Boynton.

Love,
Nana

Ritsumei said...

What a cutie! And what a fun cake. I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do for Monkey's cake next month. He'll be 2 also.

Momo Fali said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration! Happy birthday beautiful boy!

lesa said...

You are amazing! You have a beautiful two year old and the cake looks fun.

Wonder Woman said...

I just have to tell you - I got my new parenting magazine today and started reading it for fun. Saw a blurb about how kids aren't getting enough vitamin D. Apparently there's a lot in sunlight, but all the sunscreen we put on our kids blocks it. So sun time without sunscreen is recommended. 10-15 minutes when UV rays aren'ttoo intense 3 times a week.

I thought of your post from forever ago and just put the magazine down. :o)

piper said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOO DOO!!

and ditto rjlight, you ARE beautiful pregnant!