Saturday, July 26, 2008

Up and Coming

At least, I like to think so in my fantasies. My last post, "Stop at the Eleventh Hot Dog Until Next Month" was chosen by BlogHer and the editors at iVillage to run as the featured woman blogger post! The link and my picture will be posted on iVillage on Tuesday! I was notified last night and I can't even tell you how excited I am. Very cool.

Also, one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world has a daughter who is kicking some tail in karaoke competitions. She won one, which gave her the opportunity to compete on the 4th of July in the Gilbert, AZ celebration before the fireworks. She won that too, and is now competing in "Kiddieokee", a kids' karaoke contest on 96.9 FM in Phoenix, AZ. Madison Vance is her name. Sweet, sweet girl. I was there with her mom when she was born, and she's such a little angel still, at 12 years old. A musical angel too, playing the piano and the harp, and now singing. If you'd be so kind to vote for her, go to:

www.mix969.com

Click on "Kiddieokee"

Click on "VOTE NOW"

Enter your email (only one vote per email address)

Go to the 10-12 year old age group.

Scroll down to the bottom and find Madison Vance and vote!

And stay tuned for news that she's an American Idol contestant and needs your votes then too.

Thanks, everybody! And pics and family news very shortly! Everybody is safe and sound and HOME.

7 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Congratulations! Very cool indeed!

Lesley said...

Congratulations! I was just talking to someone about that post last night when somehow we got on the subject of hot dogs. Yay for you!

YogaNana said...

Congratulations, Jen! Great news!

Momo Fali said...

Well, I was going to say congratulations, but I'm not one to go with the crowd. Oh, screw it. Congratulations!!! Woo Hoo!

Laurie said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT GREAT news!!! Congrats Jenna!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you - a much deserved honor!

And the new blog look is simply delicious!