Monday, October 29, 2007

The Seven Things Meme

I feel special! Pezlady tagged me for a fun meme. I must list seven things about me that you probably didn't know. I've been very excited to hit 100 posts so that I can make the 100 Things About Me list, but this will be a sneak preview.

Okay, here goes:
1. I love karaoke, but I'm mostly too chicken to get up in a karaoke club/bar and sing. My first time was by complete coercion, when my friend submitted my name without my knowledge, and suddenly I was called up to the stage to sing Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman".

2. I prefer cats to dogs for pets. Long-haired cats. Although if I had a dog, it would be a big, giant, fluffy one, like a St. Bernard or a Great Pyrenees.

3. I love to catalog shop and shop online, although I hardly ever do either. (But I would!) My favorite thing to buy, hands down, is books.

4. I am very frugal with most things, but one of my indulgences is that I will spend a lot of money on good linens for bed and bath. Sheets must be at least 400 thread count.

5. When I was a teen, dreaming about my future family, I wanted to have 4 or 5 children, all girls. (I got one.) I wanted to name them Karin, Michelle, Stephanie, and Jessica. (We named her Lyndsay.)

6. I absolutely love peanut butter sauce on ice cream (with accompanying hot fudge, peanut butter cups, and Reese's Pieces.) Peanut butter sauce is very hard to find. I had a friend in AZ who owned a Dairy Queen franchise, and for my baby shower gift for child #3 she gave me an entire (restaurant size) jar of peanut butter sauce. It was the best gift ever, and it was gone in about 2 months. I don't remember sharing. Yeah, baby.

7. My favorite color is red. My favorite flower is the tulip. My favorite child is....KIDDING! I do not like sushi, or shellfish, or shrimp. I love salmon more than steak on most days.

3 comments:

YogaNana said...

Nearly all of them are genetic. :o)

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

hi jenna:
man, i would've loved to have seen/heard you sing that shania song. i bet it was a hilarious moment ... for your friends. you crack me up when you write "yeah baby!" chow babe, kathleen

ps. i wrote a cute, fun, and short 8 meme on sunday if you want to see. i bet it'll make ya smile :)

Annette Lyon said...

I have no clue, but I'm going to take a stab and say that you're really a dog person.