Tuesday, October 23, 2007

All Things Fall

'Tis the season to make a trek to the pumpkin patch! This was actually my very first time taking my children to a pumpkin patch EVER, can you believe that? Our homeschool group had a field trip to Lombardi Pumpkin Patch in Saugus. (how many times can I say 'pumpkin patch' in this post, right?)
I must say that I miss the seasons of other states I have lived in. Being in sunny California does have its benefits, but I loved looking forward to the crisp bite to the air that usually accompanies fall. The changing of seasons always reminds me of my mom, who loves anything cozy. I know she would have loved this trip with us (though she was at a pumpkin patch herself last week with my brothers!)


This service costs extra, but it's well worth it.


Anyway, here's to autumn, and the harvest, and all things "cozy". Even if I did come home with a sunburn.

8 comments:

Jacquie said...

Sunburn in Autumn LOL, here in Canada I can't imagine that happening. The pumpkin patch looks like a blast.

Madam Crunchypants said...

I'm going to ditto Jacquie's comment, and also say that I am totally jealous that you went to a pumpkin patch.

Now I'm wondering if we have one locally because your pictures were awesome.

Luisa Perkins said...

Yeah. There's no crisp bite of autumnal air going on here. It was 77 degrees today. But your trip looked like fun!

Anonymous said...

all things cozy to you jenna. what fun. and i am happy for you when i see your #6 on buzz. good for you girl. blessings, kathleen

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Sunburn in October? Only in California! What an awesome place. It looks like you had so much fun.

Laurie said...

I love all the pumpkins!!!! And you have such a beautiful family. I love the curls on your baby's head. So cute! I'm with the others on WOW! a sunburn in October! Looks like a fun day!

Julie Wright said...

love love love the pumpkins! It looks like fun. I need to pay for that extra service too

Ritsumei said...

I love the little blond head amid the pumpkins... you've inspired me. I have some great pictures from our own trip to the pumpkin patch & I'm off to post them now!