Sunday, August 19, 2007

A milestone


Today is Adam's 35th birthday. He woke up depressed, saying that 35 is when most men go crazy and split. It's hard to be a man, I suppose. So much pressure to be successful according to a definition that differs in so many ways from what is truly important in life. I told Adam that I think 35 is sexy. And it only gets better. 40, 45...men have it easy that way. I look forward to aging with him, growing with him. I think that up until now he has been primed and prepped for what is to come in his life, which I believe will be greatness. He is a creative genius who has overcome hardship in many forms. He has a pure heart that is becoming further refined. He has strength that he doesn't even give himself credit for. He is a remarkable man, a tender father, a caring husband, and a servant to all. He definitely has a servant's heart. I love that about him. He's the funniest guy I know, cracking me up in belly laughs when he's not even trying to be funny. He never takes himself too seriously, but he has a die-hard belief in his ideas and dreams. He goes for the gusto in just about everything he cares passionately about. And up until now, he's been just warming up. 35 is gonna be great. Happy Birthday, my love!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam, Happy Birthday. 35 is simply the beginning of an incredible phase of life. It only gets better from here.

Your wife clearly loves and adores you. Remember that and hold it close to your heart. It is a precious gift beyond all measure.

Hannah said...

So where's his cake jenna?

Luisa Perkins said...

So many celebrations! I also want to see his cake. ;)

Jenna said...

Hey gals, the cake has not been made yet. Lyndsay made monkey cake to tide him over yesterday, but the real party will be this coming weekend when his kids are here. I will post pics then!

Annette Lyon said...

Wonderful tribute, Jenna.

As you said, Adam's just getting started. I've decided that 35 is very young; it has to be, you see, because I'll be there very soon. :D

shortstuff said...

Jenna,
Adam has so much he can to look forward to. Tell him your Aunt Amy says Happy Birthday! Great moments happen when you aren't looking for them.With support from a loving and wonderful mate, life will flourish! If only I could be so young once again....
Love, Aunt Amy

Anonymous said...

jenna:
so sweet what you said about "your adam" here. awesome tribute to your hon. happy for you both that in this crazy world, you guys somehow crossed paths. just awesome, kathleen